Your Cart is Empty

April 10, 2020 3 min read


Organic skincare is a growing but still niche product in the vast skincare market. And this is weird because organic quality should be the principal solution and not the exception. Skin is our largest organ and it would make a lot of sense to nurture it with organic and natural ingredients instead of synthetics. The reasons for it being not so much the price but more the performance of many organic skincare products. And by performance I do not only mean the skin effects but also the texture and scent of these compounds. A lot of organic products have heavy textures that lay on the skin, and often they are over scented. And there is good reason for that. The way organic products are made is with inefficient bases ie emulsifiers, that do not allow for velvety textures. Organic creams are mostly made with stearic acid, which is, by the way, mainly derived from cheap palm oil. Besides texture the main critique of organic products is that they don’t do anything in the skin, they just lay on top, which is true and comes again from the fact that the underlying base of organic products is not made for skin penetration. The next downside on the list is the usually intense scent, which is mainly due to the underlying natural ingredients with their own smell that needs to be covered up. And since natural fragrances usually loose strength over time the amount used for the entire shelf life of a product is heavy. So, all in all a lot of reasons why organic products are underperforming versus their synthetic and engineered counterparts out of the beauty industry laboratories.

It is time for a new generation of organic skincare that is performing in every aspect. Lets look at the criteria for such products: The percentage of organic content should be high, products should be clean, highly skinactive and they should have a velvety texture that melts into the skin. Sounds like a dream but here is how to do it: To get an organic content of at least 80% in skincare creams it is necessary to replace water with an organic alternative, in our case we use farmed organic aloe vera which is right on anti-inflammatories. This is already about 50% of a cream. Next, the quality of oils needs to be organic instead of synthetic or natural. Organic quality oils have lots of micronutrients, antiosxidants and anti inflammatory benefits. This is the next 30% of the content. We are already at 80% minimum organic content. For the rest 20% of the product we use some organic but mostly natural ingredients as for extracts and for the base. And this is where the performance of the cream is made. Other than using standard stearic acid we use a non gmo lecithin extract to emulsify. This extract is rich in so-called phospholipids, which is a natural building block of our cells. To finalize the cream it is necessary to add specific skincare actives for the desired skin benefit. This can be natural hyaluronic acid for more hydration or bakuchiol, a natural plant extract, for a retinol like effect in the skin.

As a result, we have a product that is 100% skinactive, meaning that all ingredients have a skin benefit. But this is not even where it ends. To increase the benefits we also add a fermentation process to the cream by adding good bacteria to the aforementioned organic aloe vera. Fermentation with lacto and yeast bacteria adds to the product by breaking down molecules which makes the product more efficient.

Next on the list for a good performing organic cream is how we define clean. By definition natural and organic products should be cleaner than their synthetic counterparts. So not using nasties and microplastic like silicones seems obvious. Yet, many organic products contain fragrance, which are essential oils with allergens, some contain natural colour and a lot of them have natural additives like xanthan gum for creating a creamy viscocity. We refrain from using fragrance, colour or any kind of additives. And yet our creams have a neutral scent and a velvety skin feel. Moreover our products are vegan, cruelty-free and only with non-gmo sourced ingredients.

If u are interested in 80% organic skincare that performs 100% check out

Michael Vogt
Michael Vogt

Leave a comment


The Clean Beauty Movement
The Clean Beauty Movement

August 07, 2021 2 min read

The clean beauty movement for better skincare

#skincare #beauty #moisturizer #skinfluencer # waterless # natural #organic #cleanbeauty

what is dehydrated skin type
What is Dehydrated Skin? How can you hydrate your skin? What is the best treatment for dehydrated skin?

April 26, 2021 4 min read


December 21, 2020 1 min read

How to clear your acne in 2 steps. 2% salicylic acid serum and a mastic cream

Sign up for our Newsletter